17th edition! Since 1989, every odd year, we have the pleasure to welcome you on Chambley aerodrome (LFJY) for ten days of aeronautical festival. You come from all over the world, sometimes since the first editions, maybe this year 2021 for the first time. Let there be no doubt that Lorraine and the Grand Est region open their arms to you and that the awesome show of your hot-air balloons mass ascents is followed by more than 500,000 visitors and hundreds of media from all continents.
In order to offer you the best service, since 2019, a “pilot app” allows you to register directly and simply online.
Do not hesitate to consult us if you encounter any problem.
We are expecting you from July 23. to August 01. 2021.
Through the web application you will be able to :
- Create your pilot account (each pilot has to create his own account)
- Register a balloon for next edition choosing your registration formula
- 10-days plan (from July 23rd to August 01st 2021)
- 1st weekend plan (from July 23rd to 25th 2021)
- 2nd weekend plan (from July 30th to August 01st 2021)
Be careful: Please remember to fill all information fields about the pilot and the balloon to validate and go to the next step.
- Upload your supporting documents up to date (licence, medical certificate…). Deadline July 10th 2021 at 11:59pm local time (France UTC +1). Don’t forget to do it in order to save time at your arrival!
- Take advantage of the exclusive accommodation offer on site: Pilots’ Square (camping): You can book 1 or several places. Careful, limited places! Remember to book soon!
- Choose to participate at the different highlight moments of the programme:
- Great Line – World Record on Sunday July 25th 2021
- Night Line Glow on Wednesday July 28th 2021
- 17th Grand Est Mondial Air Ballons Trophy July 26th to 30th 2021
- Passing the Burner Challenge on Monday July 26th 2021 (Participating pilot must prove he is a pilot son/daughter)
- Very Old Burner Challenge on Thursday July 29th 2021 (licence delivered before July 28th 1991)
Please read competitions rules : Click here
- Buy additional pilot vests for every members of your team (1 free pilot vest included in the fee)
- You can pay your registration (first payment) by crédit card, bank transfer or check (only French check). After this first payment, you will only be able to pay your additional purchases by credit card (nights on Pilots’ Square, team members’ wristband, pilot vests…).
- Supporting documents to upload in the web application (10Mo max. JPG or PDF)
- Pilot licence
- Medical certificate
- Logbook (proof of recent experience: 3 months before your first flight on the event)
- Airworthiness Review Certificate
Reminder, a 50 ascents experience minimum (including 3 take-offs and landings in the 3 months before the event) is mandatory to participate at the event.
By registering for the event you automatically subscribed to the newsletter to receive all information dedicated to pilots and their team.
(*) Each entrant must present a certificate of insurance (for himself and the balloon(s) he/she will fly), valid for the entire duration of the event. The required limit of liability with a combined single limit for third party legal liability and passenger legal liability shall be in accordance with conditions of the European rule CE 785/2004. Third party liability (bodily injury and property damage) coverage must contain no deductible. The policy shall include participation in balloon air events and/or competition and extended coverage in France and bordering countries. It will be possible to subscribe to a temporary insurance policy, in accordance with the requirement of the event at the Welcome pilot desk (please advise).
(**) offer only for team with one pilot. Register your 1st balloon in a classic way and pay the fees for it. Then, add your clouhopper and when you arrive at the moment to choose payment select OTHER and contact us.